In anticipation of the incoming administration, we at AMPHS are maximizing our efforts to protect the rights of our immigrant community members and to make health and wellness accessible to those in need.
This is our plan:
- Provide free health and disease prevention services to the New Yorkers who might lose health insurance or be excluded from the healthcare system in 2017.
- Educate immigrant communities about their immigration and healthcare rights through Know Your Rights Workshops and street canvasses.
- Coordinate care plans for individuals who are left out of the healthcare system and connect them to resources to help them navigate their options.
- Assemble pro bono legal service providers to assist immigrants in conducting immigration screenings, securing health insurance, and being represented in immigration proceedings.
- Conduct active street outreach to identify community needs and sentiments.
- Convene community leaders and members to discuss action roadmaps to protect our community.
- Support New York City’s efforts to fight back against threats and coercion against immigrant communities.
No matter the political situation, AMPHS remains devoted to advancing quality healthcare to those in need, regardless of income, insurance, or immigration status. We are here for our immigrant communities.