AMPHS Seeks Program Assistant
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation and administration of the health screening, education, and training programs at the Academy of Medical and Public Health Services. Responsibilities can include event coordination, outreach, client communication, and basic reception and clerical duties. The candidate will work directly with Executive Management staff to ensure that the organization runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Respond to client inquiries via phone and email, screen and direct calls, and relay messages
- Conduct outreach to community-based organizations and businesses for partnerships and awareness-building
- Coordinate logistics for the AMPHS Clinical Practice Training Program for pre-health students
- Schedule appointments and appointment reminders for screenings, workshops, and trainings and maintain the organization’s events calendar
- Schedule meetings and training sessions for volunteers
- Manage and maintain a Salesforce contacts database for volunteers, partners, and donors
- Assist in coordinating logistics for in-house health screenings, including event outreach (flyering) and pre-screening patient intake
- Assist in the preparation of outreach and educational materials
- Update organizational policies and procedures manuals as needed
- Work with Executive Management to send program updates to clients and volunteers
- Prepare letters to stakeholders, including supporters and clients
- Monitor the use of office equipment and supplies and maintain office inventory
- Preference given to candidates with a bachelors degree or higher. College juniors and seniors also considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with basic computer programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and email systems.
- Demonstrated competency in writing and communication.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and/or Chinese preferred.
- Knowledge in graphic design a plus.
Please submit a copy of your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and most recent transcript (if still in school or recent graduate) to email@example.com.