August 29, 2012
Academy of Medical and Public Health Services (AMPHS) in collaboration with the NYC Mayor’s Office for Health Insurance Access/NYC Human Resources Administration will be enrolling community members in affordable public health insurance plans on Saturday, September 15th during their September – Heart Healthy (ENG) screening. Friendly staff will be present on-site at AMPHS to enroll any community member, if eligible. Community members will be screened for eligibility. This initiative is part of AMPHS’s goal, after the Affordable Care Act, to connect people to resources for health insurance coverage and to make an impact in the local Sunset Park neighborhood they serve.
Additionally, AMPHS will be distributing Big Apple Rx cards to anyone who needs assistance with filling their prescriptions. Big Apple Rx offers an average of 47% of savings off medical prescriptions, including an average of 15% on brand drugs and 53% on generics.
During AMPHS’ September – Heart Healthy (ENG) screening, AMPHS will be providing:
- Body-mass index assessments
- Visual acuity, pupillary reflex, and oculomotor function testing
- Blood pressure measurements
- Heart rate assessments
- Respiration rate assessments
- Oxygen saturation assessments
- Memory and cognition screenings for detection of Alzheimer’s
- HIV testing (oral swabs conducted by Interfaith Medical Center)
- Nutrition and lifestyle choices consultations
- Resource and network referrals to free community clinics for follow-up
You are invited to attend! Admission is free. Bring your family and friends! Healthcare insurance is not required.
The screening will take place on Saturday, September 15, 2012 from 1:00 – 5:00PM at AMPHS headquarters:
5306 Third Avenue at corner of 53rd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11220
To access event flier, please click September – Heart Healthy (ENG)